About COMEDK PGET 2014
COMEDK is the "Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka" to determine the merit students willing to take admissions into undergraduate courses in the Member Institutions of the Karnataka Professional Colleges Foundation Trust (KPCF) in its endeavor to offer an effective, fair, transparent and non-exploitative testing procedure. There are 12 Medical, 19 Dental colleges, thereby making 600 seats available for admission.
COMEDK has been assigned the task of organizing a Common Entrance Test for the academic year 2014-2015. The COMEDK Entrance Test being considered as an exercise to shortlist an inter-se merit of candidates for grant of admission in a fair and transparent manner. The publication of test score and rank list will be followed by centralized counseling (Single window system). The details will be published in due the official website.
The entrance test is being conducted for merit determination for use by COMEDK Member Institutions only. The COMEDK entrance test is for candidates seeking admissions for the Post-Graduate courses in these Institutions. The COMEDK PGET-2014 test scores are valid only for admissions during the academic year 2014-2015.
Important Dates for COMEDK PGET 2014
|Start date for issue of Online Application||22/11/2013|
|Last date for Receipt of Completed Application Forms||03/01/2014|
|Uploading of Online Test Admission Ticket in the COMEDK website||16/01/2014|
|COMEDK PGET -2014 Test Day||02/02/2014|
|Publishing of Provisional Answer Keys||02/02/2014|
|Last date for receiving objections pertaining to Provisional Answer Keys||05/02/2014|
|Publishing of Test Score||17/02/2014|
|Publishing of Rank List and uploading of Online Rank Card||22/02/2014|
Eligibility Criteria of COMEDK PGET 2014
Applicants must meet all the requirements stipulated by MCI / DCI. Candidates must have completed their M.B.B.S. / B.D.S. from an institution acknowledged by MCI / DCI, and must have completed or completing their internship by 30/04/2014 at the latest.
According to the Existing Post Graduate Regulation of Medical Council of India and Dental Council of India, the minimum percentage of marks in the Entrance Test (COMEDK PGET-2014) for eligibility and admission to Post Graduate Courses shall be 50% for General Merit candidates and 40% for those who belong to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes belonging to Karnataka State only.
Every student, selected for admission to the Post Graduate Medical / Dental course in any of the Medical / Dental institutions in the country, must possess recognized M.B.B.S. / B.D.S. degree or equivalent qualification and should have obtained permanent registration with the Medical Council of India / Dental Council of India, or any of the State Medical / Dental Council or should obtain the same within one month from the date of admission, failing which the admission of the candidate shall be rejected.
In the case of an Indian national with the recognized degree from Foreign University, the Medical Council of India / Dental Council of India may, on payment of the prescribed fee for the registration, grant temporary/permanent registration for the duration of the Post Graduate training restricted to the college / institution to which the applicant is admitted for the time being exclusively for Post Graduate studies. Temporary/Permanent registration to such candidates shall be subject to the condition that the degree is duly registered in the country where the degree is obtained and is recognized by the corresponding Council or concerned authority in India also.
Procedures To Apply for COMEDK PGET 2014
Candidate login gets activated once after the first stage of application processing is done which is on receipt of application at COMEDK Office.
Candidates have been provided with a facility to check the status of their application at various stages. The candidate will have to click on the link that indicates "Applicant Login" in the COMEDK website under PGET-2014 link.
Candidates can login to the system by entering their Application Number as well as the Date of Birth as mentioned in their application form. After the successful login, the candidates will be provided with various details such as, one's application details, latest status of their application, provision to print Online Test Admission Ticket (Online TAT), Online Rank Card and other alerts / information as specific to the candidate.
Note: The candidate should compulsorily enter his/her date of birth as per the 10th Standard Marks card only.
Following documents along with the completed Application Form:
- Demand Draft has to be drawn from the nationalized bank in favour of "COMEDK" (Check for the correct spelling), payable at Bangalore (DD must be payable at Bangalore only) for Rs. 2250/- (Rupees Two Thousand Two Hundred and Fifty Only) application number & applicant’s name to be written behind the DD. Check for the banker’s seal and signature on the DD.
- Printed Online Application Form.
- Photocopy of SSLC / 10th STD Marks card.
- Photocopies of All marks cards / Consolidated Marks Sheet including that of failed year if any (First Year to Final Year university examination marks card/s).
- Photocopy of Attempt Certificate is a statement indicating the number of attempt one has taken to clear a particular subject/year.
- Photocopy of Internship Completion Certificate / Internship Completed Certificate.
- Photocopy of Degree Certificate / Provisional Degree Certificate /Passing Certificate / Course Completion Certificate.
- Photocopy of Registration Certificate / Provisional Registration Certificate or a receipt / an acknowledgement issued from the competent authority against applying for Registration Certificate.
- Candidates belonging to SC / ST (All India) and OBC of Karnataka would be considered, provided they furnish the duly attested Photocopy of the following Certificates.
- SC / ST : Caste Certificate issued by competent authority (Authorized to issue such a certificate but not below the rank of a Tahsildar)
- OBC: Category I, IIA, IIB, IIIA and IIIB: As notified by the Karnataka Govt. Caste and Income Certificate issued by Tahsildar or higher revenue jurisdictional authority authorized to issue such a certificate.
- MINORITY : Religious (Christian) of All India / Linguistic (Tulu/Telugu) of Karnataka minority candidates have to produce certificate as per Annexure - IV of Brochure (available on www.comedk.org)
- Candidates who have not produced appropriate supporting documents for claiming the status of Religious / Linguistic Minority / SC / ST / OBC will be rejected. Application form without any of the above mandatory documents will be rejected.
COMEDK PGET 2014 FAQ's/Exam Pattern
Syllabus for the Post Graduate Medical / Dental entrance test is based on the M.B.B.S. / B.D.S. syllabus as prescribed by MCI / DCI respectively.
- The Entrance Test COMEDK PGET-2014 is compulsary for all candidates seeking admissions to PG Courses in Member Institutions of COMEDK for the academic year 2014-2015.
- A merit / rank list is made based on the candidate's scores in entrance test only.
- Separate Test will be conducted for PG Medical and PG Dental Courses.
- Each test will have 180 Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQ).
- The time duration for the test would be 180 minutes (3 hours).
- The correct answer will be awarded one mark and there will not be negative marking.
- Candidates are required to mark their answers on an OMR Answer sheet (Optical Mark Reader).
- Marks will be not be awarded for multiple marking of any question.
COMEDK PGET 2014 Result
Test scores of COMEDK PGET-2014 will be declared on 17/02/2014.
The Final Rank list will be declared on 22/02/2014.