About Karnataka CET 2014
Karnataka CET 2014 is a common entrance test and it is conducted by the Karnataka University for the students who aspire to take admission into Engineering, Dental and Medical colleges. The exam is conducted by Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) at 50 places in the entire Karnataka Region. Candidates who meet the meeting eligibility criteria to appear KCET 2014 can apply online for this exam.
Important Dates for Karnataka CET 2014
Karnataka CET 2014 commences from May 1, 2014.
As per the direction of government, Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) is conducing CET 2014 as per the following schedule for admission into Medical, Ayurveda, Dental, Homeopathy, Naturapathy and Yoga, Engineering, B.Sc. Agriculture, Sericulture, Forestry, Hotticulture, B.Pharma, D.Pharma etc for the courses for the year 2014-15
|Biology||May 1,2014||10.30 am to 11.50 am|
|Mathematics||May 1,2014||2.30pm to 3.50 pm|
|Physics||May 2nd, 2014||10.30 am to 11.50 am|
|Chemistry||May 2nd, 2014||2.30pm to 3.50 pm|
For Gadinadu Kannadiga students, Kannada language exam will be held on May 3rd beween 11.30 am and 12.30 pm.
Eligibility Criteria of Karnataka CET 2014
- Candidates should have passed 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
- Candidates should have Chemistry / Bio-technology / Computer-Science / Electronics / Biology as optional subjects with English as one of the language.
- Candidates should have 45% marks in aggregate in optional subjects to appear for KCET 2014.
Procedures To Apply for Karnataka CET 2014
Candidates can get the application forms from their concerned colleges of Karnataka.
They should affix their left hand thumb impression with the KCET 2014 Application Form.
Candidates shoud fill all the required details in this form and should submit it to the principal of their Colleges
Once submitting, candidates must collect their KCET 2014 Admit Cards from thier colleges on or before 20-4-2014 tentative.
Fees for general category is Rs. 650 and for SC, ST and OBC is Rs. 500.
Application Fee can be paid either by Cash or through Net Banking.
Applicants staying outside the Karnataka State including the Gadinadu and Horanadu applicants will have to first submit the form fee for KCET 2014 via NEFT transaction, then they will be sent the forms and brochure via email.
Karnataka CET 2014 FAQ's/Exam Pattern
- KCET Exam Pattern 2014 will be based on four subjects namely Biology, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry carrying 60 marks each.
- All the subjects will consists of 60 questions each.
- There will be NO negative marking for wrong answers.
- The question paper for every subject includes 16 different versions and will have objective type questions.
- The applicants can take the carbon replica of their answer sheets with them which they can evaluate with answer key released by KEA.
Karnataka CET 2014 Result
KCET 2014 Results may be announced in the end of May 2014.